Sunday, September 29, 2013

Exploring Social Networking!

A few days ago I joined the social networking site called Teacher 2.0. I have spent the last few days learning about how this site can be useful to me and how to use networking to my advantage. There are some interesting aspects of this site that I think can be really useful to teachers who want to keep up to date and share ideas with one another. One of these elements includes information about virtual, open, and free conferences on various topics that members may attend. There are also options to suggest new ideas, forums, and groups for members to connect with one another over mutually shared interests. Some of the groups on Teacher 2.0 that might be useful to me are Professional Developers, Classroom Bloggers, and Tutoring. One that really interests me is Classroom Bloggers because it is about blogging with your students. I would like to use a blog with my future students and I think I could learn a lot from this group and the experiences of others. Another element of this site that is really interesting is the Web 2.0 feature which I have had fun exploring. It provides a lot of options for networking and peer professional development. Overall, the one thing I am certain of is that I still have a lot to learn about social networking. There are so many different options that I have seen on this site and other sites such as Classroom 2.0 and The Educator's PLN. I look forward to learning more about Teacher 2.0 as I build my profile, join different groups, and attend various virtual conferences!


1 comment:

  1. Keep exploring and contributing! It's a two-way street.

    ReplyDelete