Sunday, November 10, 2013

Comic Crazy!

Over the past week, I have looked at a couple different comic strip generators. I have already used Storybird and therefore wanted to try something new. I ended up choosing StripGenerator. I watched a tutorial on how to use this site and then began to make my own comic. I am not a particularly creative person and therefore I really struggled to come up with ideas. However, once I came up with an idea, I think it worked out really well. Unfortunately, the user is limited to a choice of several characters and items that may not include everything the user is looking for. Additionally, the comic can only be in made in black and white.

Despite the limitations, I think this is a very useful tool for the classroom. It gives the artistic and creative students a chance to create something new and original to present their thoughts and ideas. It could be used as a storyboard activity for students to draw and recreate a story that is being read in class. Also, students could create their own stories or demonstrate a specific situation. Overall, I think this is a great site to help students get involved and excited about school projects. Even though I had no idea what I was doing, I was very proud of my final creation and cannot deny excitedly showing it to my family. I hope my students would find it as fun as I have!


1 comment: